I had, in a moment of madness, bought a bottle of expensive balsamic vinaigrette from my local in and out store in the Petrol Pump at the Hazra - Lansdowne Crossing. And to top it, I had no clue what to do with it. Many many months later, last week, I stumbled upon an easy recipe and with moderate alterations, made my own balsamic vinaigrette! Since I needed enough for one to go with my boiled veggies - OK steamed veggies, the quantities are very tiny. But it can be proportionately increased or reduced (I did. The original quantities were quite large)!
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil (normal would do as well)
- 1 & 1/2 tsp Balsamic vinegar
- 1 clove garlic grated (you can reduce this amount if you want to)
- A pinch dried oregano (actually I used a pinch of mixed herbs)
- 1/4 tsp Mustard powder
- Salt and pepper to taste (although I used salt only)
- Put all the ingredients for the vinaigrette in a bowl. Mix well.
- Steamed assorted veggies - whatever you have at hand. I had beans, carrots, cauliflower, green peas. Drain.
- Put in a lunch box. Carry to work. Pour the vinaigrette on the veggies during lunch and EAT!