It looked liked it, smelt like and tasted like it too ... but dare I call it a pizza? Well why ever not? And it was quite easy to make. I actually made it in the commercial breaks while watching Gerard Depardieu in "My Father the hero"!
What I used
(I made two. The following are the ingredients per pizza)
Pizza base: 6" diameter
Onion: 1 (A insisted)
Salami: 2 slice
What I did
- Brushed the pizza base with olive oil.
- Sliced the capsicum, onion, tomato in to thin rings. Quartered the salami slices.
- Layered the the pizza base, in order - the tomato, onion, capsicum, salami.
- Topped it up by grated cheese.
- Grilled the pizza in my OTG at 210 deg for 15 minutes. And viola!
Note: The cheese had melted nicely all over but the base had become crunchy. That wasn't bad to eat...but I still have to figure out how to keep the base soft.