Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Is it Pizza?

It looked liked it, smelt like and tasted like it too ... but dare I call it a pizza? Well why ever not? And it was quite easy to make. I actually made it in the commercial breaks while watching Gerard Depardieu in "My Father the hero"!



What I used
(I made two. The following are the ingredients per pizza)
Pizza base: 6" diameter
Capsicum: 1
Tomato: 1
Onion: 1 (A insisted)
Salami: 2 slice
Salt
Olive oil
Cheese


What I did

  1. Brushed the pizza base with olive oil.
  2. Sliced the capsicum, onion, tomato in to thin rings. Quartered the salami slices.
  3. Layered the the pizza base, in order - the tomato, onion, capsicum, salami.
  4. Topped it up by grated cheese.
  5. Grilled the pizza in my OTG at 210 deg for 15 minutes. And viola!

Note: The cheese had melted nicely all over but the base had become crunchy. That wasn't bad to eat...but I still have to figure out how to keep the base soft.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great blog you have! all the recipes look just yummy!

Unknown said...

toooo much