Thursday, January 10, 2008

Shahi Bharta

Bhags sent a mail to me yesterday convinced that I had chickened out of the Arusuvai Friendship Chain. Afterall, I couldn't even figure out the contents of the secret package she sent me!! I assured her that I would be coming up with my post on it soon, in the next few days, infact. Till then, here is a recipe that R sent me. It combines brinjals with prawns

You will need:
Eggplants: 2 large, seedless variety
Mustard oil: 3 tbsp
Onions: 2 minced
Garlic: 1tbsp minced
Small prawns: 1/2 cup, shelled
Oil for frying
Egg: 1
Salt, sugar and red chilli flakes


How to

  1. Cut the eggplants into halves , boil, de-skin, cool, mash and then keep aside.
  2. Heat 3 tbsp mustad oil in a pan, add the minced onion and garlic, saute.
  3. Add the shelled prawns.
  4. Fry for a while and then add 2 chopped tomatoes and the mashed eggplant.
  5. Stir fry till the oil separates.
  6. Gradually add salt, sugar, red chilli flakes and finally a shredded fried egg. Mix well.
  7. Serve with rotis

Viola! Although R has written serve with rotis, a hard core bengali like me would obviously prefer it with rice!!

No comments: